The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC), in its efforts to recognize and further continue promoting community building and leadership, invites its membership, community organizations, and the community as a whole, to nominate individuals or
businesses to receive an award at the LEDC’s annual meeting.
If you know anybody who would fit the descriptions below, submit your nomination. Nominations should include the individual or business you are nominating along with his/her contact information and the reason why you think he/she should be an award recipient. Please do not forget to include your name and phone number in case we have any questions.
Socially Responsible Business of the Year:
This award was established in order to acknowledge and promote the importance of social responsibility within the Latino community and the community as a whole. Individuals or businesses chosen to receive this award are known for one or more of the following reasons:
- Work as a leader within the Latino community
- No public complaints about their business practices
- Honest, ethical and responsible business
- Being an excellent employer, giving incentives and opportunities of promotion to its employees.
- Known as respectful and fair with its employees
- Provides a healthy work environment
- Provides benefits to its employees
- Generous donation of time and work to community activities
- Economic donations to community based institutions
LEDC Student of the Year:
This award is for students of TTOIC and will be nominated by LEDC’s teachers. This award was established in order to recognize a student who has participated in one of LEDC’s TTOIC programs. Recipients of this award are known for:
- Demonstrated a good example in the classroom
- Demonstrated a genuine respect for learning
- Has had significant growth
- Demonstrated leadership in the classroom
- Participation in class
- Excellent attendance
Latino(a) Entrepreneur of the Year:
This award was established in order to acknowledge the importance of the role latinos have played in the family, business, and community. Recipients of this award are known for one or more of the following reasons:
- Latino(a), active participant in community issues
- No public complaints about business practices
- Known as an honest and ethical leader within the Latino community
- Hard working person
- Has a successful business life
- Known as a person that knows how to balance work and family
- Promoting the advancement of Latino community
- Serving as a role model to other Latinos, coaching and mentoring young Latinos as leaders.
Friend of the community:
This award was established in order to recognize the importance of support and to promote unpaid, social-vision based activities in our community. Recipients of this award are known for one or more of the following reasons:
- Active participant in Latino community issues
- Generous donation of time and work to LEDC and therefore to the community
- No public complaints about business practices, or work ethics
- Known as an honest and ethical person who primary goal is to help the community as a whole.
Farmer of the Year:
This award was established in order to acknowledge the importance of the role Latinos have played in agricultural practices.
- Combine safe, environmentally sustainable practices with profitable production.
- Contributes towards the growth of the community
- Awareness of farm safety
- Farm business initiative and innovation
These are our last years recipients.