As of May 3, 2017 LEDC and the Latino Scholarship Fund are excited to announce the names of 12 outstanding Latino students who will each receive $4,167 this year and next year to use for their first undergraduate college degree! These students were chosen based on their leadership and engagement with the community, academic performance, and financial need.
Ramiro Hernandez Marquez Scholarship Winner: Julian Rodriguez Calvario from Faribault High School, studying Composite Material Engineering at Winona State University.
Garcia Urzua Scholarship Winner: Katherine Lourdes Santamaria Mendez from AGAPE High School, studying Biology (pre-med) at the University of Minnesota.
Los Ocampo Scholarship Winner: Ebelin Morales Delgado from Kenyon-Wanamingo High School, studying Psychology and Law at Augsburg College.
George W. Linares Scholarship Winner: Carlos Alberto Balbuena from the St. Paul Conservatory, studying Accounting and Music at Hamline University.
Latino Scholarship Fund Scholarships:
- Abigail Andrade Flores from Northfield High School, studying Political Science or Environmental Engineering at either St. Olaf College or Loyola Marymount.
- Andres Eduardo Martinez Rodriguez, graduate of Los Proceres Institute of Venezuela, studying a Sound Arts at MCTC.
- Jesus Angel Viveros Flores from the Washington Technology Magnet, studying Criminal Justice at the University of Minnesota.
- Karina Vega Morales from Washburn High School, studying Political Science and Women’s Studies beginning at MCTC.
- Luis Andre Pascacio Escamilla, graduate of Richfield High School, studying Graphic Design, Web and Interactive Media at MCTC.
- Maria Navidad Sanchez Resendiz from Roosevelt High School, studying Mechanical Engineering at St. Catherine University.
- Otokani Dominguez Lopez from Washburn High School, studying Criminal Justice at MCTC.
- Xatziri Viveros Aguilar from Washington Technology Magnet, studying a pre-med program at Gustavus Adolphus.