Employment Opportunites at LEDC
Bilingual Office and Membership Services Specialist Job Description
Latino Economic Development Center is a nonprofit doing work related to adult education, scholarship fundraising for Latino youth, and small business development with offices in South Minneapolis and the East Side of Saint Paul. We are currently hiring for an office and membership services specialist in our Minneapolis office. Preferred start date: 2/15/18
Supports program staff, manages office logistics, and participates in outreach for classes and services. Other functions include maintaining office workflow, appointments, and correspondence, filing documents, data entry, reporting, and records control.
May perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature. This description is a general statement of required, major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
- Benefits include competitive health (LEDC pays 100% of premium), dental (LEDC pays 100% of premium), life and disability insurance, as well as retirement package, paid holidays.
Starting wage: $15/hour
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Office Duties (40%):
- Update LEDC website and help design fliers for events.
- Compose and send bilingual newsletters, newspaper articles, and manage phone and social media communication.
- Take, log, and forward incoming calls and messages, and check LEDC’s info email account.
- Log office visitors.
- Order office supplies and keep track of keys and room reservations.
- Help keep classrooms and shared spaces clean.Manage building maintenance and contracts.
- Membership and Client Services Duties (40%):
- Conduct initial interview with first time clients and fill out intake forms.
- Record attendance and technical assistance appointments in database and help write reports to funders.
- Update member and client information in database.
- Conduct member satisfaction surveys and report outcomes to CEO.
Other Responsibilities: (20%)
- Assist with other LEDC directed activities as necessary (such as annual meeting and Latino Scholarship Fund outreach).
- Help recruit board members for committees.
- Take minutes at board and committee meetings, convene staff meetings, and help set up.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Inform potential clients about membership, workshops, start-up business services, business planning, loans and financial packages, and specialty consulting in accounting, legal services, marketing, real estate, renovation and construction.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, written and spoken.
- College graduate preferred or high school graduate with equivalent nonprofit/administrative experience.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, Google Apps, and data entry in MS Access. Knowledge of WordPress a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with people from wide variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Reliable and self-directed.
- Own adequately insured transportation.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events
- Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to Zoila Guachichulca.
The Controller position will serve as an important member of LEDC’s executive team. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Controller will oversee all financial, accounting, compliance and human resource activities. The Controller will be responsible for reporting, forecasting, and analysis and will play a central role in coordinating information among LEDC’s CEO and Program Directors to ensure compliance, transparency and accountability.
Direct Reports & Management Responsibility: Bookkeeper, Accounting Contractor, Payroll Contractor, HR consultants
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee bookkeeping function, manage and update chart of accounts, facilitate appropriate categorization of revenue and expenses;
- Manage payables and receivables;
- Maintain and update cashflow projections on weekly basis; help CEO anticipate issues and make strategic decisions in a timely manner;
- Manage contract with 3rd party accountants
- Ensure accurate financial statements are produced and distributed to key stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Manage payroll;
- Manage restricted funds and the release of temporarily restricted funds in accordance with requirements;
- Ensure consistent reconciliation between accounting and loan department software;
- Manage annual audit process; and
- Work with CEO and Program Directors to prepare annual budget.
- Centralize both electronic and paper files for all local, state and federal grants; Ensure critical information, including grant awards, authorized budgets, reimbursement requirements, and reporting requirements is organized, accessible and managed.
- Manage disbursement requests; work with appropriate Program Directors to ensure all grant budgets are appropriately managed and that disbursement request include proper documentation and are consistent with the grant’s approved budget;
- Manage reporting; maintain a reporting calendar; ensure Program Directors understand reporting requirements, timelines, and deadlines; consolidate information from Program Directors; facilitate submission of all required reports in a timely manner.
- Verify compliance with key terms of all grant agreements.
- Ensure timesheet template is appropriately aligned with current funding and compliance categories for each department and updated regularly;
- Ensure all staff complete timesheets in a timely manner and that information is centralized and summarized;
- Explore on line time management tool
- Manage and update personnel policies and employee handbook
- Ensure policy and procedure compliance
- Keep up to date on current HR practices trends
- Manage 3rd party HR consultants
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years financial management experience in a senior accounting or financial management role, with at least 2 years of experience with human resource activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organization skills
- Commitment to honesty and integrity
- Ability to work closely with CEO and senior management team
- Ability to thrive in a with culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse workplace
Fluency in Spanish is plus, but not required
Send a letter of interest along with your resume via email to the attention of: Ramon Leon,
President and CEO
Not later than February 23, 2018.
No phone calls.
No walk ins.