Bilingual Workforce Development Specialist (AmeriCorps)
Latino Economic Development Center is a nonprofit doing work related to adult education, scholarship fundraising for Latino youth, and small business development with offices in South Minneapolis and the East Side of Saint Paul. We are seeking 2 Opportunity Corps members. This is a one year commitment and is almost complete Spanish immersion. Start date: Rolling, November preferable. To apply, go to www.opportunitycorps.org/apply and choose Latino Economic Development Center as preferred site.
- Help people learn computer skills, ESL, study for the GED in Spanish, and apply for jobs.
- Support adult students applying to college and vocational training.
- Recruit employers and match them with job seekers.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers.
- Attend paid Global Career Development Facilitator training that can be applied to GCDF certification .
- Spanish fluency or near fluency.
- Must be 18 years of age, a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien.
- Willingness to commit to a full year of service (1700 hours)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Health insurance.
- Childcare benefits available to those who meet eligibility.
- $5,815 education award upon completion of service commitment; federal student loans may be deferred.
- Stipend of approximately $540 every two weeks.
No telephone inquiries or walk ins, please.
Latino Economic Development Center is a nonprofit doing work related to adult education, scholarship fundraising for Latino youth, and small business development with offices in South Minneapolis and the East Side of Saint Paul. We are currently hiring a Workforce Counselor in our Minneapolis office. Start date: 11/16/17.
- Conduct an initial interview with first time clients and fill out an intake form for each request for service. Work one-on-one with clients to provide guidance and integrate them into the program.
- Establish an appointment between the client and the appropriate training or service.
- When appropriate, refer clients to partner agencies for additional services not offered by LEDC. Conduct an evaluation as to the appropriate service provider within the TTOIC network to which this request should be referred and ensure initial communication.
- Create partnerships with other non-profits in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area to obtain possible referrals.
- Act as a career counselor for clients, guiding them step-by-step through the program. Coordinate trainings as well as available resources to execute programs based on established goals.
- Coordinate or assist with skills development trainings, such as classes in English, Computer Literacy, and other topics as needed.
- Evaluate current program’s demand and develop new and innovative programs if needed.
- Provided a weekly service report summarizing clients seen and outcomes observed and submit that report to the Program Manager.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, written and spoken.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, plus two years or more of Human Resources or its equivalent.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Word, Excel, Publisher, data entry.
- Ability to work with people from wide variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very reliable.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org