The Latino Economic Development Center is a statewide membership-based nonprofit organization with headquarters in Minneapolis. We are an ethnic, membership-based Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) certified by the US Department of Treasury, by the MN State Council of OICs, and OIC America as an Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC).
OUR VISION: A thriving multicultural community, enriched with Latino leadership, culture, and economic influence.
OUR MISSION: To transform our community by creating economic opportunity for Latinos.
- Promote just, sustainable, and ethical business practices; healthy work environments, social responsibility, and economic justice.
- Develop Latino talent, leadership, civic engagement, and political influence.
- Affirm, reflect the strengths of Latino culture and language.
- Nurture free enterprise and the entrepreneurial spirit of our community.
- Listen to and act in the best interests of our membership.
- Contribute our wisdom and experience for the well-being of all members.
LEDC’S CORE FUNCTIONS:
- To establish, stabilize, and expand businesses through orientations, classes, development consulting, technical assistance, and access to capital for new and existing entrepreneurs.
- To revitalize or develop public markets and commercial corridors in the Twin Cities and rural Minnesota that allow for Latino businesses to fully participate in the community.
- To create a process and structure with which the Latino business community may access other institutions (such as banks, foundations, and elected officials).
- To create a membership base that actively shapes the agenda of LEDC.