Bilingual Workforce Development Specialist (AmeriCorps)
Latino Economic Development Center is a nonprofit doing work related to adult education, scholarship fundraising for Latino youth, and small business development with offices in South Minneapolis and the East Side of Saint Paul. We are seeking 2 Opportunity Corps members. This is a one year commitment and is almost complete Spanish immersion. Start date: Rolling, September/October preferable. To apply, go to www.opportunitycorps.org/apply and choose Latino Economic Development Center as preferred site.
- Help people learn computer skills, ESL, study for the GED in Spanish, and apply for jobs.
- Support adult students applying to college and vocational training.
- Recruit employers and match them with job seekers.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers.
- Attend paid Global Career Development Facilitator training that can be applied to GCDF certification .
- Spanish fluency or near fluency.
- Must be 18 years of age, a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien.
- Willingness to commit to a full year of service (1700 hours)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Health insurance.
- Childcare benefits available to those who meet eligibility.
- $5,815 education award upon completion of service commitment; federal student loans may be deferred.
- Stipend of approximately $540 every two weeks.
No telephone inquiries or walk ins, please.