Lending, Technical Assistance and Outreach Program Director
The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC), a dynamic Certified Community Development Financial Institution with $4M in its loan pool, and $6M in resources, is currently searching for a Lending, Technical Assistance and Outreach Program Director (Lending Director).
The Lending Director is responsible for managing and deploying capital as loans for entrepreneurial activities for small and medium sized Latino businesses. The Lending Director should be committed to serving the public, particularly minorities and non-English speaking individuals. This position is in charge of LEDC’s Lending, Technical Assistance and Outreach operations and manages 4 business consultants. The Lending Director is a part of LEDC’s leadership team reporting directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer.
An ideal candidate will be fully bilingual in English and Spanish and have a bachelor or advanced college degree in marketing, business, economics, or similar and at least 5 years of management experience. (Note: Related professional experience may be substituted for education).
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels
- Human resources management/oversight abilities
- Social justice oriented
- Strong proven lending and business development and management experience
- Ability to think abstractly about program and financial matters
- Ability to prepare and analyze budgets as well as to understand financial risk
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically to develop and achieve organizational goals and objectives
LEDC offers competitive salary and full benefits: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include competitive health, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as retirement package, paid vacation and holidays.
Send a letter of interest along with your resume via e mail to: email@example.com or:
Attn.: Ramon Leon. Founder, President and CEO.
1501 East Lake St. Lower level. Minneapolis, MN 55407
Due date for submission of applications or resumes is August 18, 2017
No telephones calls or walk-ins please
LEDC is an equal opportunity employer.
Bilingual Workforce Development Specialist
Latino Economic Development Center is a nonprofit doing work related to adult education, scholarship fundraising for Latino youth, and small business development with offices in South Minneapolis and the East Side of Saint Paul. We are seeking 2 Opportunity Corps members. This is a one year commitment and is almost complete Spanish immersion. Start date: 9/5/17. To apply, go to www.opportunitycorps.org/apply and choose Latino Economic Development Center as preferred site.
- Help people learn computer skills, ESL, study for the GED in Spanish, and apply for jobs.
- Support adult students applying to college and vocational training.
- Recruit employers and match them with job seekers.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers.
- Attend paid Global Career Development Facilitator training that can be applied to GCDF certification .
- Spanish fluency or near fluency.
- Must be 18 years of age, a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien.
- Willingness to commit to a full year of service (1700 hours)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Health insurance.
- Childcare benefits available to those who meet eligibility.
- $5,815 education award upon completion of service commitment; federal student loans may be deferred.
- Stipend of approximately $540 every two weeks.
No telephone inquiries or walk ins, please.